Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Research Question

How has sex moralities changed over the years?

Every generation has a norm when it come to talking about sex and having sex. What I want to find out is how it has changed over time. It the olden days, sex was a personal thing. Only couples would have sex and usually they were married. As the years past, adultery and under-age sex became more common. The Greeks especially had experiences with that. But soon sex was once again a private matter among two married people. The years continued to go by, and soon enough homosexuality played a large role in sex history. While communities were trying to adjust to gays and lesbians, a baby boom exploded and it had seemed like everyone was having sex. Sex began to cause issues further than adultery and babies; sex soon involved STI's among men and women. A bigger issue recently appeared when teenagers began to develop their own sex norms. Unwanted pregnancies and unwanted STI's protection generated into something that people no longer feel as important as pleasure and sex acceptance in our current society.

I feel like I can do a lot with this topic. I am interested in further finding out information about sex moralities. I learned many interesting things from my Sociology 160 lecture, and that is what inspired me to write about this. Sex norms are changing all the time. This topic will give me a view of sex moralities before and after my generation.

1 comment:

  1. Need to change: How has sex moralities changed over the past 100 years in the United States?

    ReplyDelete